Total Pageviews

Monday, 10 January 2011

Nothing much to report tonight.

I spent most of the evening trying to find mapping software to build up a story. I could have used paper but I don't find it practical as the paper gets out of sequence and my living room has scraps of paper all over the place. pain in the arse trying to hunt plot ideas down..

I found this Mind Mapping software that seems to fit the bill. I started "Mapping" out Act One of a script of what i hope one day will be a 6 part TV show. (Why dream small? Dream big!) I actually have Act 2 done as well (on paper) but will flesh it out with the mind mapping software.

For those of you who do not know what mind mapping is this is a mind map:
Mind Map
here is a wiki take on a mind map : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map.

I find it quite useful in generating ideas but within the program i can lay out my acts and plan out what happens step by step in an interesting way. 

here is a link to the program. it's free and it's small. might come in handy if your looking to generate ideas. http://www.edrawsoft.com/freemind.php

Also tonight I was asked to phone a friend who had a writing challenge for me. Turns out it was a very interesting challenge. I don't want to say too much just now as it might come to nothing. We shall See.

Playing On the Spotify tonight: Murray Gold – Doctor Who: Series 5 soundtrack. most enjoyable, relaxing and beautiful.

Now time for a cup of tea and bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment